A study reports that most of the small business entities don’t use their own website and social media as their mode of promotion or business development. Mostly these people don’t find it important to have their own website. It is a big controversy about whether one should own a business website for easy operation. The question is – how much better business do people generate by using a website? To understand this, one needs to know the benefits of having a website for a business of any size.
Be it a business of any scale, having a website is very beneficial, considering every aspect. The benefits of having a website for your business can be discussed as below -
1. No more invisibility: When you open up your own website, the first thing that happens is – you can’t stay invisible anymore. Having a website means, that you become visible to your target clients who search for companies like yours. Researches show that people nowadays do complete searching online before they proceed to buy anything offline. In general, a customer types out their issues and requirements in the online search engine and get detailed information about the list of companies that can serve them. In the world of search engine optimization, if you are not building your business website, then there remain zero chances of the client to find you online.
2. Get Control on the Ranking: With the help of SEO services or Search Engine Optimization, you can have better control over your online ranking. You can keep all your features, by which you wish to be known for, updated. You can stay highlighted in the eyes of your target client by creating your own brand, website link and relevant content on the webpage that is engaging in nature. By doing this, you can business, sticking your own terms.
3. A website, a tool for sales: A company website is a very strong tool for sales purpose. Here you can address the concerns of your customer, provide them with the information that they require, compel your client to make the decision in your favor. Of course, there will be options for placing online advertisements but building an inspiring website is a different achievement. The website is the place where your customer visits to seek information on your company and gain trust. Only confidence can help a client to buy what you provide.
4. Authority building: Though in previous days word-of-mouth of simple advertisements was good enough to attract clients, nowadays the presence of your company in social media makes a difference. Building a website provides the authority where you can attract a target client to visit the site and go through all product details. If you don’t have a website you might lose on such a client.
5. Email-list creation: You may not like website concept but you surely use an e-mail. Handling e-mail is a daily job for both the client and the business. This work becomes easier and advanced when it is via the website. A user might even get incentives on signing up. That creates a positive inflow of business.
Success in SEO does not depend upon getting everything right. Rather, it relies on getting one's priorities right. There are as many as 200 elements that make up the Google organic search ranking algorithm. It is literally not possible for anyone to take care of those components for a site and boost its online prominence in organic search results unless one is superhuman. Read on to know about the top 8 ranking factors that can help your site to get on to the first page of SERP.
1. Backlinks: Google considers the authority of any website through the number of backlinks it generates. So, take care of the link score. Generate authentic, high-quality links and just avoid the spam ones.
2. Anchor text: The anchor texts of the backlinks that you generate for your site also tell Google what your page is about. The anchor also tells the context in which your webpage will rank for. In order to keep in sync with the Penguin update, make sure that your anchor texts are diverse, relevant and authentic. It is a good practice to use the tool named, SEO Spyglass to compare the link profiles of your close competitors.
Content: These days, Google is looking for quality content. Here are some tips to improve the quality of your content according to Google standard.
1. The appropriate keywords: Use relevant keyword(s) in the title, take care of your Meta descriptions and use keywords in the main body of your content. It is also important to remember, the H1 tag carries the maximum SEO weight as compared to any other heading.
2. Content volume: The volume or the amount of content is also a crucial ranking factor although there is no ideal content length mentioned so far. It depends on a given topic and the purpose of creating a particular page.
3. A compact and meaningful quotient of the content: Make sure that your content is meaningful and comprehensive
Using the Website Auditor tool: This is a helpful tool to set a number of crucial on-page factors for any website, like content length and proper usage of keywords. Using the TF-IDF algorithm, it can also analyze the comprehensiveness of your WebPages.
Technical SEO factors: Here are some technical SEO factors that you need to focus upon.
1. Page-loading time: Page-loading time is a crucial Google ranking factor for any website. Google expects your webpage to get loaded within 2 seconds or else, it affects your UX, increasing the bounce rate and lowering the conversion. The most common culprits for poor page loading time are images, scripts and CSS files.
2. Responsiveness of your website: Moreover, if your pages are not optimized for the smartphones, they will not be considered in mobile searches by Google. So, to be in the competition, make sure that your pages are responsive.
3. Improve user experience or UX: Click-through rate or CTR is the ratio proportion of the number of times a search listing was clicked by users, to the number of times it was displayed on an organic listing. Usually, a 30% CTR brings the best results and if your CTR is anywhere below 10%, just start working on it immediately. SEO, in general, is multi-dimensional and ever-evolving. Just set your priorities correctly and follow the tips discussed above. Success will follow you on its own.
There is absolutely no doubt that the world has changed pretty fast over time. What about the impact on small business? Small businesses often find investing in digital marketing to be irrelevant. But the fact is that they will prosper quite nicely if they take the help of the same!
Advantages of digital marketing for small businesses:
Following are the various reasons why small businesses must invest in SEO:
• Small investment: This is without a doubt, one of the best reasons why people must invest in the same. Despite it seems to be quite big from the outside, this is a small investment for promotion. Of course one must understand that it is cheaper to the various other methods of promoting the business.
• Great ROI: This is another of the biggest reasons why people must get through with digital marketing. No doubt the return on the investment is something that they will never be disappointed in. They may not be able to reach so many customers themselves. Through digital marketing, they will cover a lot!
• Visibility: This is another thing that matters the most. One must realize that the visibility of the website only increases when the targeted traffic increases in the same. And this is absolutely what the digital marketing services help in.
• Social recognition: The digital marketing services are absolutely into social media promotion. This is one way the name spreads easily. People can become much more accustomed to the business and its services. Also, the businesses will gain converted customers as well.
• Global platform: This is the best thing that can happen to any small business. Once they rank highest and get to be visible on the very first page of the search engine, it is quite obvious that globally, people will recognize the business. They will be aware of the facts that if they visit one particular place then, the best business available there will be this one!
There are many other advantages that the small businesses have, out of digital marketing. Yet, the above-mentioned ones are the best.
While selecting the SEO or the digital marketing agency people must be careful though. Only then they can enjoy the best advantages for themselves as well. This is absolutely why people must ensure that they are checking with the reputation of the agency.
The reputation is absolutely one thing that can help people understand why people like or dislike their services. And also, people must ensure that they understand whether or not a particular agency is ready to promote small business in the first place. There are a few companies that might not!
Hey there! As a website owner are you aware of what the latest study on page-loading delay says? Let's summarize it below:
For every 1 second delay in page loading, invariably costs you:
• A minimum 7% conversion loss
• 11% less page views and
• 16% drop in customer satisfaction
In order to stay afloat in the breakneck competition, you just have to make sure that your site gets loaded within 2 seconds at the most. Let us discuss some helpful tips in the following paragraphs to achieve the goal.
1. Reduce HTTP requests: Keep your design simple and it will help a lot in faster loading of the site. Remove the unnecessary components from every webpage. This will help in reducing the number of HTTP requests to make a page faster available to visitors.
2. Cut down on server response time: Make proper usage of reliable tools, like YSlow and Google PageSpeed to reduce the server response time for your website.
3. Focus on compression: Pages that are 100 KB and above, take time to get loaded. Use a method called compression to reduce its bandwidth. Use the tool Gzip to compress or zip such pages on your website.
4. Do not neglect browser caching: Set 'Expires' for all cacheable resources, like CSS, JSS, image, media and PDF files to a minimum of one week and a maximum of one year. For third-party resources like widgets or ads, make sure they should have a cache lifetime of at least 24 hours.
5. Minimise the resources: Unnecessary sections of the code increase your page size. Eliminate those additional spaces, line breaks and indentation in the code to keep the page size under the limit.
6. Image optimisation: Large-sized images take a longer time to get loaded. Use image editing tools to crop images to the right size. Erase the image comments and minimize the color depth to the minimum level.
7. CSS delivery optimisation: Don't include CSS in HTML codes and it's better to use one external CSS style sheet to minimize HTTP requests. You may use the CSS Delivery Tool to know exactly how many external style sheets the website is using.
8. Set priority on above-the-fold content: Split the CSS into two parts - a short inline that deals only with above-the-fold elements and an external part that can easily be deferred.
9. Minimise the number of plugins: Too many plug-ins, not only slow down your site but also result in site crashing and other technical issues. Deactivate and delete the unnecessary plug-ins.
10. Minimise redirects: Redirects increase the number of HTTP requests, which in turn increase the load time. So, minimize the number of redirects to your site.
The following tips will help you improve the site loading time.